New Year’s Eve 2009
Here’s my weight loss chart. The red goal line starts when I started this blog. There was lots of ups and downs but at least I ended it on target!
I had Dennis take photos of me today so I could compare them to the photos I had him take on January 1st last year. These are not the photos I’ve been using as my before photos on Going Down, because I actually got heavier after January 1st and had to take a second set of before photos when I started this blog, but as you can see there is quite a difference between then and now.
I noticed how I was looking down in my before pictures from the side and it makes me sad. I likely did it on purpose to make myself look worse so I’d look even better in comparison when I took “after pictures” (yeah, I’m conniving like that), but they really do reflect how I felt about myself physically. Losing weight has not only made me feel healthy and free, but has also restored some confidence.
Continuing in the “then and now” vein, I thought I’d go over the resolutions I set last year and lay down some for 2011. I always set 8, because it’s my favorite number.
1. Get 8 hours of sleep each night (!) I totally and utterly failed at this one!
2. Live a healthy lifestyle: eat low-fat, low-sugar, more plant-life, lean mean, less processed foods, whole grains. Exercise at least 5 days a week, ultimately daily, and work up to aerobic exercise (min 30 minutes). I did pretty good with this one after I started the blog.
3. Lose at least 20 pounds, if not 30 and up to 40, by living healthy. Goal met! I will continue to work on this in 2011.
4. Pray daily. Goal met. :)
5. Continue learning and studying the bible. Goal met.
6. Keep the house cleaner. Organize a chore list and do them daily/weekly. Another complete and utter failure.
7. Try to be kind & understanding with everyone. I did well with this most of the time, but just realized I did not remember to be kind and understanding with myself.
8. Reward my accomplishments. :) I rewarded myself, but never for particular accomplishments. Oops!
The majority is green up there so I’m pretty happy with that. But there is always room for improvement, so….
My 2011 resolutions are:
1. I got the Chronological Study Bible for Christmas from my friend, Pamela. It is so cool–it has pictures and time lines and history along with the scripture so you get a fuller picture of what was going on in the world, etc. I want to use the 1-year study plan to get through it by January 1, 2012. I have never read the Bible all the way through and I’m super excited about this!
2. Lose ten pounds, or more, and maintain it through healthy living. If I do this, it will be the first time I’ve been at my ideal weight since I was a teenager!
3. Get 3 months of income built up in savings for our emergency fund. Right now we have one week of income in savings. Yikes!
4. Seriously. Make a plan to keep the house clean and do it. This is getting ridiculous.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep each night. Veronica, do it!
6. Be as kind, understanding, and forgiving as possible with everyone, including myself.
7. Get a haircut at least every three months. Stop scowling at me, Veronica. You deserve it and you need it. Do it. And maybe you should stop talking to yourself, at least on your blog. Cuz people are starting to wonder about you. Who am I kidding? You guys already know I’m nuts! :)
8. Get guttering on the house. Are you wigging that we don’t have guttering? It’s a long story but yes, we have no guttering any more and our house is sinking in the mud so we need to get it back on ASAP!
So how about you? Do you make New Year’s resolutions? What’s some of yours?