Steve from Log My Loss has brought back “The Hot 100” and I’m so excited to participate this year! This is a challenge focused on the last 100 days of 2010. September 23, 2010 starts the clock. From that day forward there are exactly 100 days left in 2010. (Can you believe it?!) One hundred days to make this your year. One hundred days to achieve your goals. One hundred days, each and every one of which can be a great day!
I’m soooo in!! I’m going to be one of Steve’s “hotties” this year (that’s what he calls the participants)–lol! And that is actually one of my goals, to be H-O-T by the end of the year, but it is a secondary one. To participate, we must set at least three goals and update on our progress each week. These are my goals:
1. Get down to at least 145 pounds by the end of the challenge. That is about ten pounds from where I am right now, which should be easy since I’m on the HCG drops, but I’m not going to assume anything and ten pounds is a healthy, attainable goal.
2. If I get to my goal, or lower, before the end of the challenge, I want to WILL stay within two pounds of that weight until the end. Obviously I want to continue my weight loss/maintenance beyond the challenge, but I’m setting these goals specifically for the challenge.
3. My average blood sugar is about 155. I would like to bring it down to 140 by the end of the year.
4. No matter what else I eat, I want to make sure I get in at least four servings of fruit and vegetables each day and take a daily multivitamin.
5. Get physically active. By that, I mean at least half an hour of aerobic (and walking the dog is NOT aerobic, Veronica!) activity and/or strength training at least five days a week.This one will be the hardest for me. It is a goal that I actually won’t start working on until I’m done with the HCG drops since it isn’t recommended to work out while on them (if you do, you have to eat more, so I’m just using it as an excuse to be lazy), so about mid-October I’ll start reporting on my progress with this one. I think it will be an essential tool in keeping the weight off and also just to being healthy!
OK, those are my goals! If you would like to participate, click the link to the challenge above to find out how. There will be three winners and there are lots of chances to win and you don’t have to have a blog to participate. Let’s end this year with a BANG!